Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Podcasting

Alright so I learned something tonight about podcasting...guess I never thought of it as having to be something that people subscribe to. I guess for me I think of people recording their voice onto something and letting others hear it. Guess that is where the subscripting comes into play, so people can hear it from around the world.

Publishing this to our wiki page seems to be difficult. We were able to get it there as a file, but this subscribing thing seems tough...Jessica and Jodi showed us something, but there must be a way to do it easier...since I don't subscribe or belong to Itunes, it won't let me do whatever it is that I need to do. Hopefully, there will be an easier way to get them uploaded next week (or should I say Thursday.)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You can just upload the file...but then it isn't a true podcast. I don't know how to keep all the sites organized....information overload.

Bill Warrick said...

I think one of the frustrations is the filtering of streaming video and audio - and that's really just a growing pain. :) Audio and video both really DO consume bandwidth and that's the reason we have problems uploading and subscribing.

I think once teachers articulate the need or positive uses of these tools, we'll be able to make the case for having things unblocked.