Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Advocacy Paper

Well tonight our group finished working on our paper. I think that it could be a useful document, and is something that we might be able to give out to parents to help them out. I guess if you want to find out more you will have to check it out at our website...http://parenting101.pbwiki.com/

We are already crunching some ideas for our Public Address Video.

I think that the next 6 classes are going to be intense. The amount of work that needs to be completed will I'm sure compact and hopefully not pile up.

The leadership course is something that I'm not sure about...being in this role as an ITRT has really given me leadership skills that I feel that this course would have been great before I became an ITRT. I think back to a leadership game that we did with Dr. Warrick last year and how valuable a "game" it was. I'm not sure I'm getting as much out of the course as others...I feel like it is just a slump of work with little really happening...perhaps it is because of our mentor having such a huge amount of people. I can't think that it is easy for her having 10 of us. It makes me somewhat nervous being a mentor starting in June. I hope that I can handle it.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Josh...I think being a mentor could be difficult. This summer when you are mentoring a group they won't be submitting assignments to you, so you won't be spending time reviewing work. You will have to be available on email within Angel and present on the discussion board.

One of your amazing strengths is your ability to encourage! I know you will be awesome in this role.

As far as the leadership course, I am enjoying the reading! I agree this would be a superior course for new ITRT's.

Katrina said...

Josh - you will be awesome! You excel at what ever task you take on! And as cats we know these things!

Tracey said...

Hi...I checked out your advocacy wiki and I like it...we definitely could use a rule book for parenting. I think you will make a great mentor, you have helped me so much this past year and a half. You have a very nonjudgemntal way about you that allows for insecurities to safely be dealt with. I have learned a lot from working with you and "our" group--mainly...learning can be fun. Thanks.